Pages

19 November, 2011

Quick Update

Because I'm a busy little beaver. This post is for my friend H.  She asked if I had any blogs.  I said, 'yes'.  She then called me out for not posting in over a month.  *shame face* Between a full class load, work, and the general weather making me rather lazy I have not gotten around to it.  So here's a quick update.

School is going alright.  My online class, Digital Photography, does not motivate me enough.  I like taking pictures, but when I'm forced to do topics that don't interest me, it's difficult.  I don't want to take family portraits and discuss the difficulties faced during the session. I work retail, that alone has given me enough varying people experience that my brain can go wild with all the issues that could come up in a situation where I am making people sit down so I can take their pictures... peoples be crazy!

Work-wise... it's retail. Same ol' bollocks.

Friends. I have awesome friends. I suck at reaching out when I'm in a down mood. I figure that these people have enough going on in their respective lives, they don't need to drop everything just to listen to my, admittedly sometimes silly and irrational, negativity. And there's the rub for me; typically I can assess what is making me feel a certain way, what the cause is, but that doesn't necessarily alleviate the problem. Anyhoozles, my friends always make me feel great, even if they don't know it. Here's a ginormous 'Thank you!' going out to each of you. Upon request I will give you a giant hug next time I see you, but I know touchy-feely not everybody's "thing" so I'm with-holding the urge to simply throw one at you.

Car.  My happy little car, Vinnie, has not been as happy for a few months now. He was making all sorts of loud, grindy noises.  When a front light finally went out, I took him in.  Mister Mechanic Dude noticed the noise.  One problem snowballed into 4 and $390 later, Vinnie is once again happy. In all honesty, if I won the lottery, I'd pay him off, fix him up, and use him as a turn in on what I really want; a RAV 4... who may or may not also get named Vinnie, depends on his 'tude.

Family. Oy. I want out. Like I'd give $20 handers behind a liquor store to make the money to get out. I'm not though... possibly only because of the illegality of prostitution and the fact that I'd have to touch people I don't want to. If I was a hooker, I'd totally up my charges for ugly people. And it's not discrimination because attractiveness is subjective (well, mostly).

OK, now I should really get back to the homework that has me sitting in a cafe on this, the first snowy day of Minnesota's 2011 autumn.

1 comment: